Escaping the Build Trap How Effective Product Management Creates

Messages about new versions and other changes
shuklarani81

Escaping the Build Trap How Effective Product Management Creates

Post by shuklarani81 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:32 am

This is the first part of the summary of the book Escaping the build trap: how effective product management creates real value by Melissa Perri, another famous book in the Product area, which cannot be missing from every PM's shelf. Good reading! Melissa Perri is one of the hottest names in the Product community. With vast experience in the area, today she is a senior professor at Harvard, teaching Product Management courses, CEO of Produx Lab and founder of the Product Institute, having already helped a huge number of companies and people to improve in the practice of Products. In December 2019, she was in Brazil at Product Camp and I had the pleasure of being there.

When I found out that in addition to all the aforementioned experience, she also wrote the book for this summary that was released at the end of 2018, but which still there is no version in Portuguese. Escaping the build trap: how effective product management creates real value – Summary in Portuguese – part 1 I recently finished reading it and I'm here Job Function Email Database to bring you the summary of the book with the aim of making this content and the lessons learned reach more people in Brazil. Reinforcing that this is a summary and nothing (NOTHING even) compares to reading the book, so, if it's possible for you, it's worth reading the book in its entirety too. 🇧🇷 But come on, the book is divided into 5 parts and goes through several themes, with a focus on the Product Kata.

A way of approaching the product process, which was created by Melissa herself and which I found sensational. PART 1 – THE BUILD TRAP We can say that an organization has fallen into the delivery trap (or building trap, in English) when it finds itself stagnant measuring its success by deliveries instead of results. These companies started to focus more on the process of developing and delivering features than on the real value that these features generate for their users, customers and for the business itself. The consequence of this is that companies fail to deliver real value to users, thus starting to lose market share and make room for disruptive companies.